Faux Fu

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Waking State/Dreaming State

It's funny. In my waking state, I have kind of discovered another level of calm and peace. Not always. There is still the endless churn, life is a roiling stream, but there is a small space inside, a calm center that seems to be there, I can find it in moments of stillness.

At the same time, while I sleep, a sense of chaos, of illness, and paralysis overtakes me. It is almost like the inverse of the day time peace. I sleep with the certainty that I am damaged, seriously compromised.

Last night, I dreamed that I woke up fractured, and irreparably damaged. It was unsettling, disturbing. 

I was pleased to wake up this morning feeling fine. All my extremities in working order. Refreshed. Ready to jump into the day.

So the dichotomy. Day & Night. Peace & Turmoil. Health & Illness. Strange. Light & Darkness.

Blog Archive