It's funny. In my waking state, I have kind of discovered another level of calm and peace. Not always. There is still the endless churn, life is a roiling stream, but there is a small space inside, a calm center that seems to be there, I can find it in moments of stillness.
At the same time, while I sleep, a sense of chaos, of illness, and paralysis overtakes me. It is almost like the inverse of the day time peace. I sleep with the certainty that I am damaged, seriously compromised.
Last night, I dreamed that I woke up fractured, and irreparably damaged. It was unsettling, disturbing.
I was pleased to wake up this morning feeling fine. All my extremities in working order. Refreshed. Ready to jump into the day.
So the dichotomy. Day & Night. Peace & Turmoil. Health & Illness. Strange. Light & Darkness.
- ► 2020 (262)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Work At It!
- Cocaine & Prostitutes!
- U2 - Can You Say Gargantuan?!
- Waking State/Dreaming State
- "Something Rather Than Nothing."
- Lit Up from the Inside!
- To Live Wide, Rather than Long...
- It's Not a Method, It's My Life!
- Deranged as Possible!
- Artist or Soup Can?
- Actively Surrender
- Power and Depth!
- Iraq War - Entirely Negative or Even Terrible!
- Extraordinary Morning Read
- Thoughtful, Intelligent Souls
- A Bounty on A Head!
- All An Elaborate Cover Story!
- Progressives and History!
- Practical Ethics - In Practice!
- U2 Busks Back Into our Good Graces!
- You Say You Want to Shop!
- Science and the Market - More Powerful than Dirty ...
- You Think You Know the Story...
- Keep the Game Going!
- Active Segregation!
- Lord Litter - Renegade Sonic Pioneer!
- Motto to Live By
- We Can Solve the Problem!
- A Big Problem
- Human Being's Death Wish Realized: AI
- American Apartheid!
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)