Faux Fu

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Simple-Minded

I have spent a lot of my time trying to "figure" life. You know, approach it like it's a puzzle that can be solved. Where did I get such an idea? My shelves are filled with books, my head is filled with information, and images, and thoughts, and dreams, and worries, and fears. I have kept up my quest over many, many years, thinking that maybe the next idea, the next novel, the next movie, the next person, the next experience would clarify things. I have had my little moments of enlightenment, but they have been brief and fleeting, and really, I haven't solved or figured out much of anything at all. I don't know if this is a failure on my part, or some kind of well-earned wisdom. I think, maybe, life isn't really meant to be figured, maybe there really is nothing to solve. Life - you can only live it. So simple, it seems simple-minded. And maybe there's some kind of answer, right there.

Blog Archive