Faux Fu

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Normal/Ordinary

Repo Man and Morrissey... have something in common... first Repo Man: "Ordinary fucking people, I hate them..."


And here's Morrissey: Q: What are you driven by? A: Hate largely. This will sound almost unpleasant but distaste for normality. I've never really liked normal people and it's true to this day. I don't like normal situations. I get palpitations. I don't know what to do. - Morrissey (1987)



Now, I'm in the camp where I don't think anyone is really normal/ordinary. Normality/Ordinariness is a pose! We are all a little bit twisted. More twisted than we like to let on, although some of us aren't afraid to reveal a bit of the twisted-ness. And then there are those who revel in flaunting their twistedness.  Which can be hideous. Still there are those people who are posing as normal/ordinary and well yes, they are sort of distasteful. And then, alternatively, there are those exotic birds who are just different, they can't help it. Sometimes we make them stars...

Blog Archive