Faux Fu

Friday, November 15, 2013

The Source, the Sorcerer, the Oracle

This may sound like an overstatement, I mean, I know it is, it's a ridiculous claim, overwrought, over the top, but time and time again, Bob Dylan has saved my life. When I really hit bottom, or feel lost, lose my way, question my own existence, I mean when the chips are really down, I turn to Dylan, and he never let's me down.

I'm reading a little book on Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited" and it just totally fires me up, pulls me from the brink and illuminates me. He never, ever let's me down. He is the source, the oracle, and the 1965/1967 vintage Dylan cannot be beat.

Listen to the music, read the books, watch the performances and interviews, learn the songs. Amazing, confounding, maddening, inspiring. The best. And the kind of work that can deepen and enrich a life.

Blog Archive