Faux Fu

Friday, October 04, 2013

Two Videos about the Windy City Rollers!

So yes, pleased to say that I've finished up two little movies about the Windy City Rollers. Two nights. The initial call-up for Roller Girls at the Cork Lounge and a followup get together at the Liar's Club. Both are about 20 or so minutes long.

Music plays a big role in both videos. In the first one, all the songs were played on the jukebox that night, and amazingly the music works perfectly with the images. This was just a happy circumstance. I'm pretty pleased with the sound quality. I have an old Cannon video camera that has a really good microphone on it.

I added music to the second video at the Liar's Club. Songs from Sonic Youth, Sigur Ros and Iggy Pop. I got a little arty on this video. Slow motion shots matched up with some of my favorite music. Very happy with how it came out.

So yes, two little films, both with very different vibes. And that's part of the story too. There's hope, optimism, excitement, and darkness and loss too. Right? There's always the edge of darkness, and sadness, and time lost with just about anything.  This happened, and now it's gone...


Blog Archive