Faux Fu

Saturday, January 12, 2013

"The Heart that Hurts is the Heart that Beats..."

I wanted to write something pithy and insightful about U2.  But you know, there has been so much written about this band, they have had it all. In spades. Over and over. I do think they are the real deal. They are one of the few big, arena bands that I actually really, really like.

There are a few of their albums that never fail me. I love the ones that everyone loves (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Unforgettable Fire, War) and I really like some of the other ones too (Pop, How To Dismantle and Atomic Bomb, No Line on the Horizon, All That You Can't Leave Behind).

And hell, that's an impressive list of worthy albums. I'd say everything they've done is worth listening too.

They have sort of become a cartoon, just way too much exposure in the marketplace.  It's hard to root for them. They are big, bloated, wooly mammoth of a franchise.  But still their music touches me.  It's soul music to me. Spiritual. Exhilarating.  

This is one of my favorite tracks... works for me, every time.

 

Blog Archive