Faux Fu

Friday, May 15, 2009

A Fledgling Life

One thing that is kind of strange in my life, I've been around for a while, walking around in the world, putting some miles on the body, but still I always feel like a "fledgling."

As per the web definition:

newcomer: any new participant in some activity
fledgling(a): (of a young bird) having acquired its flight feathers; "a fledgling robin"
young bird that has just fledged or become capable of flying
young and inexperienced; "a fledgling enterprise"; "a fledgling skier"; "an unfledged lawyer"


I've had a theater company for many years, but each production is like a newly hatched chick. I've played with a couple bands over the last few years, and still I feel like an "unfledged guitar player."

My professional career (if I have such a thing) is always in a state of fledge. My life is basically a constant state of fledge.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I've got these feathers for flight, I'm capable. But still I'm often bumping my ass on the ground.

I've got the state of fledgling down cold!

Blog Archive