Global System Shocks...
John Robb is one of the few people talking about the fundamental flaws of our interconnected global system. Robb tells us it's sort of like the New York Dolls second album.
Death by algorithm. An algorithm sitting on a computer somewhere in New York can instantly trigger a meltdown in Moscow and London. And then the human beings who designed the system scratch their over-loaded noggins and dither in the houses of debate.
We were worried about the avian flu, we were worried about a wayward meteor, we were worried about a planet without ice, and now we've been mugged by the SHADOW BANKING SYSTEM! Beware the Shadow Banker!
Too Big. Too Fast. Too Complex.
Our success is killing us. It's an old story. Happened to the Dolls first...
- ► 2019 (346)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- Low Information Voter
- A Socialist, A Secret Communist in Kindergarten
- "Don't you think it's time that we want to try som...
- Dawn of the 23 Percenters
- "Reality has a clear liberal bias." - Rob Corddry
- Brothers In Arms
- You Tube Nation
- Goodbye George
- The Clown Balloon
- IPOD Nation
- Something is Happening
- Letting Go
- "He is Ready."
- Praise for the Younger "Old Guys"
- Strange, Satisfying Narrative
- Chaos and Old Night? Sounds like Home!
- "A Mean, Rotten Cocksucker." - Matt Taibbi
- "Don't need a weatherman to know which way the win...
- Winning Ticket
- Late Morning Koan
- Death by Derivative - Party like it's 1999!
- Death of the Republican Party...
- Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a Bee
- The Real American Idol
- "...And a lot of it is because people will have no...
- A Nation of Dead-Enders? Balderdash!
- Too Much Too Soon
- Fun Bucks!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)