Last weekend we went to see the new movie What Just Happened? It's one of those flicks that seems to be about something else, something other, something deeper, than what it at first appears to be about. Those are the kind of movies I really like.
One of my favorite moments is when the Dire Straits song, Brothers in Arms starts playing. Almost brought me to tears. Here's Mark Knopfler one of the great guitar players (notice he doesn't use a pick which really enhances his killer tone) giving a superb rendition at a birthday celebration for Nelson Mandela.
What's great about life, some times the good guys really get to have it. And we all know it when it happens. A sweet lesson for us all.
- ► 2019 (348)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- Low Information Voter
- A Socialist, A Secret Communist in Kindergarten
- "Don't you think it's time that we want to try som...
- Dawn of the 23 Percenters
- "Reality has a clear liberal bias." - Rob Corddry
- Brothers In Arms
- You Tube Nation
- Goodbye George
- The Clown Balloon
- IPOD Nation
- Something is Happening
- Letting Go
- "He is Ready."
- Praise for the Younger "Old Guys"
- Strange, Satisfying Narrative
- Chaos and Old Night? Sounds like Home!
- "A Mean, Rotten Cocksucker." - Matt Taibbi
- "Don't need a weatherman to know which way the win...
- Winning Ticket
- Late Morning Koan
- Death by Derivative - Party like it's 1999!
- Death of the Republican Party...
- Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a Bee
- The Real American Idol
- "...And a lot of it is because people will have no...
- A Nation of Dead-Enders? Balderdash!
- Too Much Too Soon
- Fun Bucks!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)