Faux Fu

Friday, October 03, 2008

A Nation of Dead-Enders? Balderdash!

Watched the Veep debate. I was looking forward to a complete train wreck. Kind of disappointed. But seems to me defending the Iraq war, modeling the VP job on Dick Cheney's shining example, and promising that every problem we have will be solved with more tax cuts is complete balderdash. I don't want to get over-confident but seems to me that the McCain/Palin freak-show is toast.

The Republican Party lies to us. Over and over. And I guess a lot of Americans want to believe the lies. The lies are just as death-dealing when they come from the lips of a well-prepped hockey mom. The final factor heading towards November is how many people will close their eyes and pretend that the lies are not lies.

Denial is an aphrodisiac. The Republican party has led a powerful political movement (get government out of the business of helping people and let the rich people party out of bounds!), that has carried us since the Reagan Revolution. It's a rear-guard movement based on the myth of who we want to pretend to be.

I do think Bush/Cheney have run out the string. The only true believers left are the type of people who cry when the dictator dies. I just hope those dead-enders don't out-number the rest of us.

Blog Archive