Supposedly a cow, a horse, a pig, a dog, a cat, a mouse, a bug, etc. (I mean there's a long list of fellow creatures on this planet, although according to the latest count, species are disappearing at an alarming rate - and may I ask if we finally kill off all off our fellow species, won't it actually be quite a lonely damned place to live? And if you listen to the news (oh god no!), the water, the air, the soil, and of course the ice, is all being polluted, corrupted and destroyed by our heavy-handed presence - so I mean, what's the end-game here?) these creatures don't fret about their place in the world, although, I'm thinking this might just be more of that human hubris we've all grown so accustomed to, who are we to say what goes on in the mind of a pig, or cow or a mouse?
But as a human being, a guilt-riddled, brain-addled specimen, no doubt, I sometimes wonder what exactly I'm doing here. I mean, I've kind of opted out of the "be fruitful and multiply" directive. My seed has not engendered an offspring, no indeed, instead, it has fallen on deaf eggs, and in my book that is a good thing. Does the world really need any kind of facimile of me? I dare answer, "I think not!"
So, what purpose? Some days it's not even a question. Just glad to be alive. Other days, well, is it my job to enjoy, or only to endure the pummeling of the world? Maybe I don't really have a purpose or job at all. Aye there's the rub. So, what's the matter, except the matter? On the other hand, as my father used to say (quoting someone else) "I never promised you a rose garden." And if I don't have a rose garden to haunt, can I still take a whiff and smell the roses?
- ► 2020 (261)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- Art Brut - Charismatics! New Pic Too!
- Moondog's Corner - Center of the Universe
- Life Raft
- Elvis and Dylan
- "authorized and ordered crimes of torture to be ca...
- Life - I recommend it!
- Murdering Mother Nature or "Oedipus. You can't ha...
- Wake Up and Smell the Roses
- Turning Guns to Butter!? (or how about "I can't be...
- Torture Logic!
- "He Lifts Me Up!" - The Belfast Cowboy
- Dancing on the Precipice
- The Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
- The Ghost of Jeff Buckley
- Let It Rock...
- The Drunken Monkey in Your Head
- Disinterested Ongoingness of Everything
- Just because he says it, doesn't make it so...
- Sweet Smell of Success
- I Don't Believe in Superman...but...
- On the Road
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)