Faux Fu

Friday, June 17, 2005

"Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees." - L. Weschler

Success, breeds success, I guess... Suddenly, the clouds blow over and everything is sunny. It turns out I've got a hot deal on the West Coast and a hot deal on the East Coast - simultaneously. My "positive mental attitude," (thank you Starbucks!) has carried me through the ups and downs (What have I learned? What goes up must go down, and vice versa!) So I'm riding a particular "vice versa" like a big, beautiful roaring wave. How long can I ride this wave? Is this the Big One? Hmmm, is it really beside the point to even ask the question? Probably so. There's always another wave, the waves have been hitting the shore for what, millions or billions of years? So I think I'll ride for awhile and see where this all goes...spending my time waxing my surf board, kind of like waxing philosophically... "The question is asked in ignorance, by one who does not even know what can have led him to ask it." - Soren Kierkegaard.

Blog Archive