Finally it's all in the hands of the gods and goddesses...The old Greeks used to say that a man's character, was his fate... I guess, what we call "fate," is what happens, and how we deal with what happens. So, this is the summer of the "Great Cloud of Unknowing." Our little theater group is edging out into uncharted waters. First, tonight, we are having a "benefit," to help get us to Edinburgh, Scotland. It's got all the elements for a great night, but the big question mark, will anyone show up? Who knows? We roll the dice and see what happens!
Then there's the whole Edinburgh adventure itself. In August, we are bringing our unique brand of theater to an international audience. This is a leap into the void. It's a little strange, not knowing what looms in our path, but isn't that the "truth," on any given day? Anything can happen. My attitude is: "damn the torpedoes." There's a kick to getting out of our little comfort zone. The risk is disappointment, disillusion, what? Really, what is the risk? We have an experience, we discover something about the world and ourselves. Isn't that the game we are in from the get-go?
- ► 2020 (187)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- How Many Gods Can Dance on the Head of a Pin?
- "Road Cases." - Drive By Truckers
- A Trucker's Dream
- "We Were the Young Americans." - D. Bowie
- "Sometimes a Great Notion." - K. Kesey
- "Ring them Bells." - B. Dylan
- "A Day in the Life" - The Beatles
- Frank, You are So Groovey!
- "If You're Going to San Francisco" - J. Philips
- "God said to Abraham, 'kill me a son,' Abe said, '...
- Edinburgh Beckons...
- "Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Se...
- "When a Body Meets a Body." - J.D. Salinger
- To Be Onto Something
- "Stuck Inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues Ag...
- A Nashville Nadir
- What You See is What You Get
- A Meal, More than A Meal
- Breaking Open the Head
- "I Dig Love. I Love Dig." G. Harrison
- The Flip-Side of a Dream
- "The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses." - C. Bukowski
- "The Bridge...we'll build it...it may take a lot o...
- "Isn't it all basically the SAME DAY?" - J. Joplin
- "Power to the People." J. Lennon
- "What if Six Turned Out to be Nine?" J. Hendrix
- The Terrible Trio?
- The Precursors
- ▼ June (30)