Faux Fu

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Don't Glove the Knuckles!

The Telepaths played their first gig at Silvies last night. What can I say? Well, probably a lot, (remember, I do think of myself as a writer first) but I don't really want to deconstruct it. It felt good. You can try to dissect a 'good vibration,' but where's the upside in such an operation?

I came across this quote from Saul Bellow's first novel, "The Adventures of Augie March." I submit it as a suitable epitaph for the Telepath's first night.

"I am an American, Chicago born - Chicago that somber city - and go at things as I have taught myself, free-style, and will make the record in my own way: first to knock, first admitted; sometimes an innocent knock, sometimes not so innocent. But a man's character is his fate, says Heraclitus, and in the end there isn't any way to disguise the nature of the knocks by acoustical work on the door or gloving the knuckles."

Blog Archive