Faux Fu

Sunday, January 30, 2005

'What's So Funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?' - Nick Lowe

Not sure where I read this quote, but it kind of sums up my present state: 'If you are not confused, you are not thinking clearly.' Many competing thoughts and slogans have been swimming around in my head, for instance: Beware the tyranny of the majority. Bullets and bombs end all arguments. Voting in the face of bullets and bombs is heroism. Change is inevitable. Change is impossible. The 20th century's 'greatest' idealists: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Ghandi, Churchill, Roosevelt, Ho Chi Minh, Pol Pot, JFK, Martin Luther King, Henry Ford.

Plus: Make no small plans. Make only small plans. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. You are part of the solution, and part of the problem. There is 'the world,' and then what you see, think and feel about it (Tommy can you hear me?). The world and our perceptions of it are not necessarily the same (or are they?).

Do we need to have an opinion on absolutely everything, especially the things we know nothing about? Is it ok to say, 'I don't know. I'll get back to you on that?' OR - 'Let's test the hypothesis and see what happens?' Should every idea be judged on how it 'works?' Who gets to decide what works and what does not? You get my drift?! This morning I am not The Answer Man - more like The Question Man. Or as per J. Lennon - 'Nowhere Man.'

Blog Archive