Faux Fu

Monday, January 17, 2005

Before We Shake off this Mortal Coil

Change is rattling around in my being. Does that make sense? The Invision 'psychic,' crowd, would express it like this -- 'Sunny Jimmy is in the midst of a major growth period.' I know this is true, because I'm (as per David Byrne) 'tense and nervous and I can't relax.' People (anyone I encounter) seem to be 'getting into my space,' even me. My dreams last night were cataclysmic and disturbing - I experienced a series of cinema verite-style scenes: a tsunami, a group of pissed off actors, a wild Chinese woman driving me around in a car (turns out she was taking me to a cemetary). Yikes! Stop the movie!

I'm glad to get to a new day. I made significant progress this weekend: we've added a new member to the Black Forest team to help us organize and submit for new grant money. Also, I made a few breakthroughs on the editing of 'Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath.' It turns out that most the videotape we have 'in the can' is quite good.

Also, started a new book, 'A Third Face,'(My Life of Writing, Fighting and Filmmaking) by Samuel Fuller. I think it's a winner, first chapter: 'All human beings are in the same mortal boat, each of us with our own baggage of defeats and victories. Why not carry our load with a smile, stubbornly optimistic, getting the most out of what remains of our lives? Why allow defeats to defeat more than once?'

Blog Archive