Faux Fu

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Never Forget...

Draw a line in the sand...

That's a human thing to do. Make a mark knowing it will soon vanish. A big wave comes and washes it all away. Or a violent breeze. A line in the sand is a small, easily disappeared thing. Make a decision. Don't forget. Every choice we make is definitive. Every step we take is definitive too. We live like we have all the time in the world, but no one knows when, and for whom, the bell tolls. What is that ringing in your ears? The bell is always tolling. 

I made a decision today. Don't even want to write it down. The writing may take the sting out of it. I want to keep it in my head, front and center. Burn it into my consciousness. I remind myself, can't please everyone. Decisions, choices, resolutions must be made and kept. Remember this moment, this feeling, this decision, this raging decisiveness. I know it can fade, and it will fade, in the light of another day. My determination will seem arbitrary, emotional, flighty, I may forget. This time, this morning, I vow to myself, never forget.

Blog Archive