Faux Fu

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Uncommon Day...

Suddenly "Summer." 

Funny. Lots of sun and warm temps in the Heartland the last few days, when we have had a long slog of  months of very little sun, and very little warmth. It is amazing how much the weather outside can influence the weather inside.

Everything is blooming here. Flowers proudly standing up. Leafy trees tossing in the air. Nature pushes it's way into our little citified enclave. Yesterday I was riding my bicycle down the avenue when I looked to my left and saw two female Deer trotting across green-carpeted lawns heading over to munch on some leafy green bushes.

I called my friend on my cell phone to come over to check it out. We watched these two amazing creatures as they grazed. So otherworldly. It was a bit astonishing & enchanting. This primal wildness, beautiful and graceful in the midst of tamed land. We could see they were thirsty. A neighbor brought a sliver bowl of water. The deer trotted into a sheltered backyard. I placed the bowl on the ground, hoping they would discover it. We watched for a bit, and then, well, we figured they knew what they were doing and we trekked on home.

Kind of transformed the day. It was good day, an uncommon day. Hushed. Beautiful. Enchanting.

Blog Archive