Faux Fu

Friday, June 25, 2021

A Blast of Pure Creation...

My instrumental, ambient, solo, mini-Moog project Faux Fu on Bandcamp.



I wrote extensively about my "adventures" in the music biz here: "True Adventures of Faux Fu." To sum up, it was a wild ride: lots of talk, a 30 page contract, a $500 per hour lawyer, a little bit of cash, grand plans, and big dreams. It all appeared like a little cloud of fairy dust that powdered me like a newly-baked donut, and then, suddenly, it all vanished in the same astonishing manner.

So my career as an ambient music-maker is now a familiar one of total artistic freedom, and complete independence. I walked away with some $ and a substantial catalog of tracks. I can do whatever I want, whenever the mood strikes. It's just the finest, most pure artistic expression I can imagine. 

Yesterday I released a new EP: "Where I am... You May Be..."  It is super-meditative, contemplative, & pretty chill.  Food for the spirit and the soul. No doubt, these tracks reflect my long-time meditation practice.

What I love about this project, it is just pure music. Music made in the moment, a spontaneous lark, a goof, an experiment. No expectations. Just following the vibe. Getting familiar with a new instrument. "Beginner's Mind." Discovering what a mini-Moog can do, where it can go. Plus there is the discipline of no drums, no beats, no clix, and, to date, no other instruments (actually one track is mini-Moog and "occasional" guitar).  

I am totally knocked out by the reception so far. Folks are really connecting with this music, which, to be frank, is a total surprise. A nice, welcome, gratifying surprise.

Sometimes, the right thing is to just dream something up and run with it.  Really. I recommend it.

Blog Archive