Faux Fu

Saturday, June 26, 2021

A Weak Back, About A Week Back...

I "threw out my back," last Saturday. What a strange phrase, I mean, strange, but true and super-descriptive, it really did feel like I threw my back away. I tweaked it, one little, seemingly inconsequential, false move, and it seemed like my whole back just totally went out of whack, a landslide of strained nerves and muscles.

My friend is a Guru of pain and remedies, so she coached me along. We shared CDB creams, we tried a series of stretches, she told me, "Don't shy away from the pain, go to it." And also, "Keep moving." At first that seemed insane. I was like a mannequin, carrying myself in a very careful and delicate manner. Standing & walking was fine, it was the sitting and getting back up that was a challenge.

I did go to the pain. I did keep moving. A week later and my back is fine. Maybe a slight hangover, my body remembers where the pain and strain and the stiffness was, but it's no longer there. I never asked for the opioids. I didn't majorly medicate. Except for the CDB cream which I highly, highly recommend, & a couple of ibprofens which I took sort of guiltily, I am pretty much anti-pill, if I can help it, but, you know, whatever works with the least side-effects, seems smart. Anyway, the combo helped loosen the muscles and totally mellowed me out too.

This morning, I am  back to just medicating myself with coffee. Fire up my body and spirit. I had a weak back, about a week back.

Blog Archive