Faux Fu

Monday, December 16, 2019

Yes, Beyond God...

My mood; like a ping-pong ball in a rushing river. Bi-polar doesn't really cut it. I would say "beyond polar." So, yesterday, I contemplated the "craziness" of humanity (see previous post), this morning, I'm thinking of what I value beyond God.

You ask, "Beyond God?" Yes, not sure if there is a God or not, but there are a multitude of things that make life worth living beyond God. I don't need God in my life to have meaning. I believe  this search for meaning starts inside, and can be found there too. Within us and without us. I mean, I'm not against God, I don't "not believe," it's just an open question, with no clear answer.

I have had my own glimpses, epiphanies.

And maybe if there is a God, it's doesn't really matter a whit. While I type these words, John Lennon is singing on the box: "God is a concept by which we measure our pain." Right.

And my life is not meaningless because it "will end" like all things end. I am here now. Alive. That is the thing.

So what do I value beyond God? Let me do a list:

Hope
Love
Creativity
Imagination
Light
Energy
Spirit
Chocolate
Coffee
Music
Dance
Poetry
Voice
Head
Heart
"What If?"
"Yes, And..."
Grace
Humility
Belief
Soul
A satisfying meal
Positive Vibes
Ingenuity
Invention
Laughter
Smile
"Once Upon a Time..."

Blog Archive