My long time friend, lover, collaborator turned to me yesterday and said: "We don't belong anywhere!"
So true. We are both mongrels. Cultural refugees. Always on the margins. We have never really fit in, anywhere.
It has always been like that, for both of us. Family. School. Work. Childhood. Adulthood. Always Strangers in a Strange Land.
Luckily, somehow, we did find each other. So we have kind of made our own small, 2 person tribe - "The Never Fit In Anywheres."
It's hard. The way we've been wired. Probably not worth it trying to figure it out how or why it turned out that way. Probably no "why" about it. That's just the way the Universe rolls.
We do have some "Spirit Guides" that we look up to for inspiration and guidance. These would be the "creative ones," people in the "arts" who have inspired us. We do feel connected to them. But most of those folks are "one-offs." Strangers. Kooks. Still, knowing that they are out there, somewhere, doing the good work, does make us feel less alone.
It's ok. We don't really identify with the things other folks identify with. That's the kind of tribe the Never Fit In Anywheres is...
- How Does It Feel?
- One Day He Was There, The Next Day Gone...
- Life Out of Context!
- A Zen Rather Than Rabid Fan!
- Nick Cave, Mercy!
- Slipping Away in the Dying Light.
- Happy to be Here!
- Community of the Odd Balls!
- "Everyone has Something"
- The Never Fit In Anywheres!
- A Movement of Cooler Heads?
- Cooler Heads Prevail...
- Brilliant Clear-Seeing!
- The "White One" Intended to Erase the "Black One!"...
- Biblical Times without Bibles...
- Yes. Clearly. A Mutant!
- "Chaos Rules Baby, Please Pass the Condiments!" - ...
- Maybe We are Time?!
- A Breath on the Wind!
- "Everything else seems broken..." - S. Shepard
- Just Carry On!
- "The Missing Link Between the Shangri-Las & the Ro...
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)