Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cabal of Disgruntled Women?

Of course, as one of my good friends pointed out to me, the Ghomeshi thing (see previous post) isn't exactly a "he said/she said" kind of thing. It's a "he said/she said AND she said AND she said, AND she said" too thing. So yes, you have to believe that not only a disgruntled girlfriend is making stuff up, but that a little cabal of women are conspiring together. You know, kind of like those Weird Sisters in the beginning of "Macbeth."

And if your only defense (I'm paraphrasing) is that "Yes, well, I do have a weird kink in the bedroom, but it was all consensual," you need to make sure that all of your partners believe, and will say, that it was consensual too. Otherwise your understanding of "consensual" isn't really what you think it is.

So anyway, listened to Q last night. The show is one of my favorites. I think it will be fine without it's original voice. It will carry on. Sort of like the Tonight Show, or Pink Floyd.  Sometimes that original, defining voice can be transcended.

Blog Archive