Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bad Feelings and Noxious Vibes

Yesterday, as per Arlo Guthrie, I was just "sitting on the Group W Bench," minding my own business, when I was suddenly totally overwhelmed with bad feelings and noxious vibes. Where the hell did they come from? Waves of despair, worthlessness, and futility totally washed over me.

My mind and my body were permeated with these feelings of darkness. No clue what triggered it. Was it the cloudy day? The barometric pressure? Something I ate? Bad chemistry? Some kind of precognition? Who knows? 

I carried these dark feelings with me during the long, bleak day. I plowed on through. When I got home, I plunged into my own little flow activities. Made dinner. Played my guitar. Sang songs. Slowly, almost imperceptibly the darkness evaporated. 

This morning, I feel empty, and clear. The storm has passed. Where did it come from? Where did it go?

Blog Archive