Faux Fu

Monday, August 29, 2005

Coffee Alchemy

This morning I mix "Wonder Brew," with "Witches Brew," and of course, I end up with a pot of "Witches Wonder Brew!" Dear Pilgrim, pick your vices judiciously, they will be the death of you...

I've been living with a renewed sense of "boundaries," and "space." What this means for me, is that I spend more time alone, listening and watching. The more you look, the more you listen, the more you see and hear. Oh so simple, oh so insipid! What was that line from Jean Paul Satre? "Hell is other people?" (The added question mark is mine!). I realize I rarely feel lonely when I am alone...

Of course, I'm not really alone anyway. The Lovely Carla, the little birdies are fellow travellers. We've all perfected the art of living well, without encroaching on each other...maybe the counterintuitive trick is to feel lonely in the middle of a crowd...

Listening to Dylan yesterday, another little revelation, a new line I never really registered before: "I have new eyes, everything looks far away."

Blog Archive