Faux Fu

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The Masque of the Red Death...

I am going out on a limb this morning. I don't like making predictions. I do think if folks talk about nebulous phenomena like the future, or god, they are really just betraying their own fears, hopes, dreams, insecurities, and prejudices.

So, yeah, take it all with a grain of salt.

Let me hazard a guess. Ok. I mean, I am projecting, and conjuring the vision that I want  and hope will materialize. But at the same time, logic and common-sense leads me to this scenario...

We are worried about Fat-Boy Slim destroying our Democracy. We are worried that the Republican Party has been infiltrated, and infected by Russian disinformation. and we are horrified to see that they are running with that disinfo to slime Joe Biden and the Democrats. It is an act of desperation. Turns out the Republicans have given up on Democracy & Policy, and Governing. They are stuck in a weird performative, attention-seeking display of cynicism and degradation.

Ha. The insight this morning, my guess, my feeling, my intuition: We are watching Fat-Boy Slim destroy the Republican Party from the inside out. All that raging, and dementia-fueled nonsense, all that toxic noise is actually more destructive to the GOP than anywhere else. Trump & MAGA are the virus of destruction for that politcal side of the equation.

It's all very ugly, noisy, & worrisome. And, sure, we should be worried. One of the major political parties in America is sick, infected, imploding. We should be just worried enough to stay active and to vote. But all the hurly-burly, rolling and tumbling, are the deeply-dark, death throes of that very retrograde, nihilistic movement. The MAGA SNAKE is eating it's own tail.

There is a certain fatal logic at work. A cascade of failure. The kiss of death for that political movement. Yes, it's scary & ugly, but it seems inevitable. My prediction: American Democracy will survive. The center will hold. We can look forward to better days. Really. I suppose it's my inner optimist taking the wheel this morning. You know, the coffee is good. And it's supposed to be unseasonably warm today. Alive and well in America!

Blog Archive