Faux Fu

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sanctuary for "Lost Causes & Hopeless Cases"

I have been uploading some stray whitewolfsonicprincess tracks to Sound Cloud. Decided to make Sound Cloud our sanctuary for "lost causes and hopeless cases." Kitchen demos, band rehearsals, live tracks, cover songs. You can stream these to your heart's content.

What started it all? I was staying in "someone else's kitchen, playing someone else's guitar," and I realized it would be really cool to capture the sounds. Lately I've had the chance to play some really beautiful, vintage acoustic guitars - a Rod Bellville Custom Dreadnought (No. 32) and a 1972 Martin D-18.

This also led to a search of our "archives" to see if there were any other songs worth surfacing.  I own a little digital recorder, nothing fancy, sort of lo-fi. Some of these songs are a little "oversaturated," not the best sonic conditions, but I love the looseness, the energy of these tracks. Some of our finest moments have actually been working out songs in kitchens or in our band rehearsal room. Always looking for that lightening in a bottle.


Blog Archive