Faux Fu

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Ryan Adams Covers Taylor Swift?

Okay, this sounds just weird enough to be interesting. Ryan Adams does an album-length cover of Taylor Swift's insanely popular 1989 record. Wow. Strange.  I own a couple of Ryan Adams' records: HeartBreaker, Ashes & Fire, and his last one Ryan Adams. I was sort of disappointed by the last one. Don't exactly know why. I guess I think Heartbreaker is amazingly great and Ashes and Fire too. My first intro to Ryan was Ashes and Fire and that one was quite captivating. And I love the loose nature of Heartbreaker.  Not a fan of Taylor Swift. I mean, I guess that's wrong, I'm not not a fan, just don't listen to/haven't listened to her music, and not really all that interested.  But I do find Ryan Adams sort of fascinating, and this sounds like it might be worth a listen.

Blog Archive