Faux Fu

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mixed Signals - Maybe there's a song in there somewhere?

Last evening, flicked on the radio and listened to Obama's speech.  It was all so rational, logical, middle of the road.  I pretty much agreed with everything the man said.  He had some good ideas for moving America forward.  And then, of course, I thought, "none of this is gonna happen," at least not if the GOP can obstruct it.  That's our lovely democracy!


So, as Obama spoke, I picked up my guitar and worked on a new riff.  Riffs and songs always seem to come when you least expect them.  They kind of sneak up on you.  I've learned to have a digital recorder handy.  You need to catch the butterfly when it's floating above you.


So yeah, I caught the butterfly and I went to sleep feeling sort of optimistic.  Woke up this morning with that Bee Gees song in my head, "staying alive!"


So things are sort of peachy keen right?!  Surfing the web I come across Felix Salmon's post Fear in Davos and these words from George Soros:


"The world faces one of the most dangerous periods of modern history—a period of “evil.” Europe is confronting a descent into chaos and conflict. In America he predicts riots on the streets that will lead to a brutal clampdown that will dramatically curtail civil liberties. The global economic system could even collapse altogether."


Yeah, okay, period of evil, riots in the streets, brutal clampdown, but hell, I have a new riff!

Blog Archive