Faux Fu

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Over-Stoned!


Maybe I should turn this into the Rolling Stone network. Just kidding. Man, I have Stones on the brain. I was paging through Guitar World magazine and came across this quote from Keith Richards from 1997. I know there might be something wrong with me if I start looking to Keith for wisdom, but there it is, and whatever the dude has going, well, it seems to be working for him just fine.

"The blues are probably the most important thing that America has ever given to the world. From Leadbelly to B.B. King to Buddy Guy and all the stops in between - it's just such an amazingly flexible form. It's a musical form that just seems to be inexhaustible in its potential. It speaks so deeply because we all probably come from Africa, we just went north and turned white. But if you cut anybody open, bone is white and blood is red. It's kind of deep you know? And I think maybe the blues speak to us in that way: ancient bone marrow responding to the source." - Keith Richards

UPDATE: Keith may have the blues, but one suspects that posing for this picture by Annie Liebovitz featuring Louis Vuitton luggage probably paid for more than that vintage Gibson guitar.

Blog Archive