Is Capitalism Making Us Stupid? Joseph Heath says yes! "It isn't stupidity that causes commercialism, but rather commercialism that causes stupidity."
And as Alex Tabarrok puts it:
"Our limited ability to concentrate is being sapped by mind-viruses that under the pressure of profit maximization are rapidly becoming more and more effective."
This sounds right to me. Is that reason at work? Or intuition? Or a combo of both? Am I being smart and rational, or stupid and irrational? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Who to blame?
- ► 2019 (340)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Blue Skies/Clouds of Doom
- Let's Not Do What We've Always Done, if It's Stupi...
- Gay Marriage at the Court!
- Without Effort
- Being a Wing-Nut Can Be a Well-Paid Job!
- American Democracy - Locked in a Closet with a Bun...
- The Remnant, The Ghost of Goats Head Soup!
- A Beautiful, Well-Made Thing!
- Julian Lennon - Long Distance "Friend"
- Free-Floating Spirits!
- New is Better? We Don't Believe It!
- Record Store Day - We Scored!
- Meditation, Balance, Rocks & Alan Watts!
- Exercise Your Reason
- Smart & Rational or Stupid and Irrational?
- The Only Reality I Can Contemplate!
- Mosaic of Baumbach!
- Political Crystal Ball
- Holiness and Fascination
- It's a Long List
- Protection from the Protectors
- Hot Air Empire!
- We Can All Be Put in Boxes!
- Health is a Battle!
- The Philosophy of Me
- A New Door!
- Thanks to the Peacemakers
- The Dope in the Middle
- Getting Weirder... Do the Opposite!
- One Man's Freedom to Discriminate...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)