Yesterday, blue skies, and thick black clouds of doom swirled around me. Can't explain it. Deep sadness loomed up, an all-consuming feeling of hopelessness, a dark futility flooded through me.
I have no clue why.
There weren't really any "thoughts" associated with the feeling. I have no real, tangible explanation. Doom? Why? Why not?
Could it be the "news of the day?" Riots, avalanche, Police Brutality, Climate Change, Political Stalemate, etc. Hell, that's just a normal day in the neighborhood. Sickness, death, pain, madness. Sure, but that's just standard operating procedure.
No explanation, no "aha" moment. So I carried the doom around with me. Lugged it up and down the street. It sat with me in my quiet moments, and ran with me in my moments of activity. It finally lifted or ebbed out late in the evening. All that was left was a dull ache in my head.
I wonder, was it all just a self-generated thing, or was it imposed on me from a greater force? That's the kind of question that hovers over all of us.
- ► 2020 (186)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Blue Skies/Clouds of Doom
- Let's Not Do What We've Always Done, if It's Stupi...
- Gay Marriage at the Court!
- Without Effort
- Being a Wing-Nut Can Be a Well-Paid Job!
- American Democracy - Locked in a Closet with a Bun...
- The Remnant, The Ghost of Goats Head Soup!
- A Beautiful, Well-Made Thing!
- Julian Lennon - Long Distance "Friend"
- Free-Floating Spirits!
- New is Better? We Don't Believe It!
- Record Store Day - We Scored!
- Meditation, Balance, Rocks & Alan Watts!
- Exercise Your Reason
- Smart & Rational or Stupid and Irrational?
- The Only Reality I Can Contemplate!
- Mosaic of Baumbach!
- Political Crystal Ball
- Holiness and Fascination
- It's a Long List
- Protection from the Protectors
- Hot Air Empire!
- We Can All Be Put in Boxes!
- Health is a Battle!
- The Philosophy of Me
- A New Door!
- Thanks to the Peacemakers
- The Dope in the Middle
- Getting Weirder... Do the Opposite!
- One Man's Freedom to Discriminate...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)