Faux Fu

Thursday, April 21, 2016

"Jaded Old!"

I was reading this "post-mortem" on Bernie Sanders' campaign for President...

I sometimes think I am a pragmatist more than I am an idealist, but really, I probably consider myself more of a "pragmatic idealist." I have high, and noble, ideals - "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity," but I want to take concrete steps, and support those who take concrete steps, to make things happen.

So I have been more Hillary, and less Bernie this go-around on the Democratic side of the political coin.

Does this make me the "jaded old?" Jaded = Tired. Uninterested. Apathetic. Dull. 

I don't think so.

Cynical?  No. At bottom, I don't think everyone is dishonest, or selfish. I think it's best to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but you can't discount people's dishonesty or selfishness either. 

So jaded? Sorry, I refuse to wear that label.

Old. OK. Yes. Probably. Far advanced in years? No doubt.

Blog Archive