Faux Fu

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Get the Fricking Pad Thai!

You want Thai food? You don't wait to see what others in the group want. You don't hesitate. You say, "Yes, I'd like some Thai food for lunch - Pad Thai - vegetable Pad Thai. I'm a vegetarian. Have been for most of my life. I love vegetables!"

You don't worry about "peer group pressure." You don't worry if you standout like a sore thumb, or seem like a weirdo, or needy, or different than everyone else. You are happy to be you, and you are you, as much as you can be.

You realize you actually have no peers. And you are only tentatively connected to the group. You just happen to have decided to be in this group for money. But these people don't own you.

I know human beings are "herd" animals. Sometimes it's more comfortable to be in the uncounted masses. But that's a hollow existence. Claim your space. Take a stand. Get the fricking Pad Thai!

Blog Archive