Faux Fu

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Wisdom in the Myths...


I have buried my head in mythology. Via Joseph Campbell. I see it as an antidote to all the current events on my radar. So now I am reading Campbell's "Romance of the Grail, The Magic and Mystery of Arthurian Myth."

Campbell wants to bring myth alive in our hearts and heads during our day to day existence. The myths are containers of the wisdom of the ages. They embody the tested knowledge earned over many lifetimes in many cultures. 

I'm game. And what are some of the lessons that Campbell has culled from the myths, and wants to get thru our thick heads?

There are many:

Live simply. 
Choose the Middle Way: Reconcile Opposites.
Resist desire. 
Don't fear the Reaper. 
Don't listen to the opinions of the mob, or the demands of society. 
Cultivate compassion.
Don't be afraid to fail.
Don't Hate. Hate attracts Hate.
Follow Love.
Love. Love attracts Love.
Be brave.
Be up for the battle.
Look inside.
See the Beauty all around you.
God, Heaven, Hell & Devil are inside us.
Be Humble, Gracious & Kind.

Blog Archive