Faux Fu

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

BLOOD, SEX, VIOLENCE, JESUS & HEROIN!

The Birthday Party

Nick Cave channels Elvis...



I've been reading "Bad Seed," a biography of Nick Cave written by Ian Johnson, published in 1995. It's funny, brutal, illuminating. It covers the years of which I had no knowledge or interest. To say that now I am truly, madly, deeply obsessed with Nick Cave in all his various incarnations would be an understatement.

If I were to sum up early Nick Cave and his early bands The Boys Next Store & The Birthday Party - BLOOD, SEX, VIOLENCE, JESUS AND HEROIN! 

It's amazing Nick and his bandmates made it out of their 20's alive.  I am glad I wasn't in a band in my 20's, not sure if I would have made it either. All that mad unchained energy, swimming in hormones, full-on raging & risk-taking.

To contradict Wm. Blake in his Proverbs from Hell - "The Road of Excess leads to a Certain Oblivion." Then again, by hook or by crook, or just pure luck, some of us do make it through...

Looking for other things I came across a wonderful Nick Cave cover of the Beatles "Let it Be," so good...

Blog Archive