Faux Fu

Friday, March 02, 2018

Not Only, Or Not Always, Pissed Off!

Someone near and dear to me sent me a note, worried about my health. Seems one of my recent posts sounded intensely angry to her, and she was worried that I was a seething ball of anger ready to boil over and explode at any moment.

No worries. I am fine. I believe that I am still level-headed, cool, calm. I still have my wits and sense of humor about me.

I love to write. I love to write with deep emotion, or deep thought. I love to engage with the world around me. Writing is a "cathartic exercise:"  Providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.

Often I write about my worst fears. It's a way of working through them. You know maybe a sort of magic alchemy. Write about the worst things, get them out into the light of day, and in that way,  render them powerless. Doesn't always work. But I do enjoy writing and I think we should try to fill our lives up with things we enjoy.

Unfortunately, the last year or two, I have been consumed with our political life. I write about Little Baby Man often. He is appalling, disgusting, it's takes discipline not to be totally, madly, deeply outraged every hour of every day.

I want to be engaged and aware, awake, but not consumed. It's a delicate balance. Not sure if I have managed it. But no worries, I am fine. Pissed off, yes, but not only, or not always pissed off!

Blog Archive