Faux Fu

Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Simple Existence!

I think I have "discovered" a little secret. The secret to everything. We live in a complex, interconnected, environment. We are flooded with information, images, events. We are suspended in a complex web of phenomena that is difficult to navigate and process. Life can sometimes seem totally daunting.

What is the secret? Simplify. Sounds simple, right? Simple-minded. Maybe it is. I find that I am always looking for ways to simplify my life. How to live with less? How to streamline? To have less choices. Less stuff. Fewer connections. Fewer inputs. Sounds counter to the cultural drift. We live in the culture of more, and more, always more.

There is something elegant about a simple directness. A clean line. An honest day. A few tried and true possessions: these boots, these jeans, these sunglasses, this guitar, this coffee, these guitar strings, this bicycle. Simple, clean, organic food.

Less decisons, less choice, less confusion, less uncertainty. I mean, there is the greater uncertainty of our certain life, but there is a sort of grace and elegance in making a movement to simplicity. I am not preaching. You are, of course, free to live however you'd prefer, why listen to me, but for me, simple is a sort of revelatory idea. I have gravitated to a state of simplicity. It seems so natural and right.

Blog Archive