Faux Fu

Saturday, February 03, 2024

Embrace Your Fate...

Do you believe in Fate?

Why do I ask? This phrase has been floating around in my head the last few days: "Embrace Your Fate."

I am not sure where that came from, what triggered it. It's just been a little cloud circulating thru my neocortex. It's been a bit of a taunt, a prophecy, a motto.

For some reason I think of a blade of grass, a frog, an ant, a sperm cell. Not so different from a Human Being. All born in a particular time & place, into a Universe propelled by Evolution, a mysterious reality, always evolving.

We all live our fate.

I don't think of it as surrender. Embracing is an active affirmation. Fate = "a power that some people believe causes and controls all events, so that you cannot change or control the way things will happen."

Sounds so Universal. All-encompassing. Living and embracing your fate? Yes. Of course. Let go the wheel and fly.  Those wings are metaphorical, but that's ok. Fly. Sure. Why not? "Damn the torpedoes."

Blog Archive