Faux Fu

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

"Unsounded Yet..."

"Still waters run deep." Amen. Early in my life someone surmised my pose, and pointed me to that "proverb of Latin origin." Lately my calm & cool exterior is revealed to be just a flimsy, slim coat obscuring a large, deep lake of passion. A very "subtle nature," indeed.

Even I am surprised how deep the water runs. My night's sleep has opened up to a vast self-made dystopia. Thinking "Dante's Inferno." Yes, a delightful little hell-scape. By day the Cool Dude, by night, just a Fright.

What is roiling in my head?

"Suffolk's comment on a fellow lord in William Shakespeare's play Henry VI part 2:"

Smooth runs the water where the brook is deep,
And in his simple show he harbours treason...
No, no, my sovereign, Gloucester is a man
Unsounded yet and full of deep deceit.

Blog Archive