Faux Fu

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Beauty & Harmony of Opposites...

I've lately tuned-up my being. I seem to be more open to the poetry of Life. Feeling the vibrations and the resonances rising and falling around me. That's a good thing. This morning I stumbled across Wendell Berry's poem "To Know the Dark:" 

To Know the Dark

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.

Yes. I think of that Yin/Yang idea. 

In the Dark, Light. 

In the Light, Dark. 

Put on those dark feet, and dark wings and go forth into the light. Alternatively, put on those feet and wings of light and go forth into the dark. Experience and revel in the beauty and harmony of opposites. 

Blog Archive