Faux Fu

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Still Wildly Happy...

100 days of Joe Biden's Presidency...

I am still wildly happy. My two favorite words every morning when I click on the radio: "President Biden."

Is he a prophet, a savior picked by the hand of God to cash us in and redeem all of our sins? No. He's just a Human Being. Just a guy. A long-time politician. A long-time public servant. A man who knows policy & issues, and how to get things through the gears and levers of government.

A compassionate, passionate, empathic human. Smart, experienced, competent, honest.

I do think he is the perfect human being for our present moment. His experience in Congress and as Obama's VP for 8 years uniquely qualifies him to be one of the most transformative and successful Presidents in the country's history.

Really. 

That's my take from my progressive blue bubble. Good news. Yes. The good news is Biden is doing the good work. He is surrounding himself with a great team of people willing to roll up their sleeves and do the essential things. Re-building America. A Green New Deal. Lift up the middle class. Do a little creative re-distribution of wealth. Strengthen the safety net for Americans. Promote a more equal, just and racially-inclusive country. 

A big menu. A grand buffet of Democratic ideas. This all can happen. I do believe. Go Joe.

Blog Archive