Faux Fu

Monday, April 05, 2021

Reclaiming Your Mojo...

Mojo  (a quality that atracts people to you and makes you successful and full of energy), is a funny thing. Just like all the important things in life, it's invisible; you can't put your finger on it, you don't know how it works, or really, whether it even exists. Muddy Waters sang about it: "I got my mojo working, but it just don't work on you."

You know, it's a magical power, animating, essential. You can live without it, but your life will be much more drab, one-dimensional, and less fulfilling. 

So how to rebuild your mojo? Not exactly sure. It's possible it just evaporates from you, or descends upon you based on its own internal logic. Sort of like a rainstorm or a sunny day.

I think these may be things that helped me regain a bit of my mojo yesterday in the wake of my 2nd Moderna dose journey (see last 2 previous posts)...

Blue sky
Sunshine
Long, rambling walk on the lakefront
Good meal
Lazy afternoon on the couch
Fabulous music washing over me (Dylan's 2 stone-cold masterpiece recordings: "Highway 61 Revisited" (1965), "Blonde on Blonde" (1966) & Sigur Ros' "Kveikur" (2013)... the sound of a metallic glacier slowly melting...)
Hot tea (garlic, honey, ginger)
Early to bed

And this a.m. the coffee brew is "Mind, Body, Soul." The soundtrack is Miles Davis A Tribute to Jack Johnson (1971). My guess, these are major mojo-rebuilders. The coffee bean has major energizing abilities. And, of course, you want to expose yourself to human beings who definitely have major mojo, and you hope that some of it rubs off on you. Can't do worse than Dylan, Sigur Ros, Miles Davis, Jack Johnson. Really. I mean it.

Blog Archive