Faux Fu

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Social Justice for All...

"Social Justice for all."

Is it possible? Certainly a worthy goal. We should strive to make the country fair and free for all. We should strive to treat all human beings with dignity and respect. We should demand that the law be applied equally and fairly across the country. We should value every human being. 

We live in a brutal, politically & racially-divided country. It's the ugly reality of our lives. No doubt. Can we transcend our differences? Can we drop the hate and division? Can we realize a "more perfect union?" It is the good work. It is worth putting our heads together and giving it a go. No doubt. 

I recently filled out some paperwork. I had to check a box about RACE. I ended up checking "WHITE," but I wanted to check "OTHER," or fill in the blank with "HUMAN BEING."

At best I am a Heinz 57 mix of all kinds of threads from the Human tribe. I don't identify as "WHITE," no, I identify myself as a Citizen of the World, a Human Being. I am merely like every other Human Being on the planet. No better. No worse. The same.

I do know my "WHITENESS" gives me a privileged position in this society, this culture, this country. I reject that. I am ashamed of that. I didn't ask for it. That privilege is a problem. Some how, some way we need to get past that shit.

Blog Archive