Faux Fu

Monday, December 14, 2020

Just Born that Way...

I don't know why I am the way I am. I think: "just born that way." Whatever that means.

I have always been the optimistic sort, I see the glass-half full. My morning coffee addiction helps. For some reason, the caffeine fires up my imagination, and I tend to lean to the light.

I do know it's a "crazy world" out there. There are lots of competing interests and conflicting narratives. Not everyone sees the Universe, the way I see it and "that's ok." And, you know, the "way I see it" is even a moving target for me.

I have no problem admitting I just don't know what's going on. I think it's okay not to have all the answers. I am not afraid of the not knowing, the constant wondering; I am comfortable with that mental framework. 

I do know life is pretty great. Even if there is constant strife, turmoil, suffering, sickness and death looming over everything. That's just part of the deal.

I believe in following your dreams. I believe in the creative enterprise. I believe in the human imagination. That's enough for me to give it a go, to get up, face the day, try to actualize it, one day at time.

Blog Archive