Faux Fu

Thursday, December 03, 2020

Animating Principles...

Sometimes events conspire, and you find yourself questioning the fundamental nature of life in the Universe. You know, even the Space/Time Continuum seems fungible, shaky, and suspect.

It's a funny way to think. It's a way of thinking that I frequently find myself trying on for size. It's not just a personal Existential Crisis (those are fairly frequent & familiar), but, you know, a pretty comprehensive, Universal Existential Crisis.

That's where I'm at this a.m. Thinking about animating principles that guide the Universe and everything in it.  You know, something started this whole thing, something happened and a Universe came into being, and then there is a long enfoldment, an unraveling, an expansion, whatever.

And then one day, you wake up, and ask: "How did I get here?" "What's happening?" "Where is this all going?" "How does it end?" "Why a duck?!"

Words that pop into my fevered brain:

Fate
Fortune
Luck
Accident
Probability
Evolution

Prophecy
Energy

Creation
Destruction

Love
Hate

Life
Death

These words are just little life-rafts. So yeah, all this is floating around in my head this a.m. No conclusions. I am armed with a great coffee brew and listening to the fabulous, magical, enlightening music of The Dirty Three.  What had to happen for me to be here in this moment, doing these things? What long chain of causality had to unfold? It's bit mind-boggling.

Navel-gazing & head-spinning. That will have to do for now. Wonder what today will bring?

Blog Archive