Faux Fu

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Waiting to See the Light!

I think David Remnick nails it in the online version of the New Yorker: "An American Tragedy."

What can I add? Nausea. Waves and waves of nausea. Chalk it all up to bad luck, or bad timing, or bad karma. Whatever.

Progress is not assured. Maybe it's an illusion. Anything can happen. And anything did. I do not think it's a good thing to give the keys to the car to an "unhinged" madman. I cringe to see that the GOP, the forces of reaction, now will control both houses of congress, the White House, and can populate the Supreme Court with backward-looking stooges.

I fear for our country, our democracy, our future. It's hard to see anything positive from this at all. Progress can be unmade. Good will can be squandered. The future can be made dark. This fine country can be destroyed. Maybe easier than we all realize.

Why do we suffer? To deepen our hearts. Lots of heart deepening around here. Someone said that "the wound is where the light comes in." I see and feel the wound, waiting to see the light.

Blog Archive