Faux Fu

Friday, July 22, 2016

Turns Out the Art of the Deal = American Dystopia!

I suppose I could be wrong, I have been in the past, but I am pretty damn confident that the Short Fingered Vulgarian will not be President. I don't believe in his dystopian vision, I don't believe he is the only one who can fix our problems, I don't think he really understands America, or the world.

So between now and November lots of noise. Of course, "shit happens," so you can't totally count the Vulgarian out. But I will remain, sunny and optimistic, and I do "see" Hillary Clinton being sworn in as President in November.

And I do think it will be a good thing.

There is a deep "moral rot" in the GOP. What Republicans say about America is basically, fundamentally wrong, and they have no solutions, none. They are a party of hate, and dysfunction. An empty, ugly political movement, although, I don't really think it's a movement at all. Lots of unhappy, bitter, delusional people, mainly white people, who just want to yell, and rant and hit out at someone.

And the Short-Fingered Vulgarian is not fit for the office of the Presidency. He really, really could use an an appointment with a Freudian psychoanalyst.  Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal," paints a picture of a supreme "Narcissist and sociopath!"

So yes, better to try to understand the Vulgarian via psychology or psychiatry, not political science. I suppose the good thing is that the Short Finger Vulgarian has done for us, is to reveal the deep heart of ugliness underlying our political culture.

There is a supremely ugly strain, a sickening virus in the land called "aggrieved white nationalism." The Vulgarian has tapped into this ugly vein. Luckily for us, it's a small group, lurking on the margins. I do hope that the light of day will expose them and maybe that light will just evaporate them. Nothing more than sweat on the laboring ass of our country.

Blog Archive