Faux Fu

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Noblesse Oblige!

Funny. This phrase, "Noblesse Oblige" was in my head this morning. Sort of tapped me awake. Not sure where I saw it, or read it, but it was upfront and center in my consciousness. Strange.

Noblesse Oblige -  "whoever claims to be noble, must conduct himself nobly." I am not of "noble birth," I come from humble roots. Still, I like to think that I can "conduct" myself nobly.

I take my own thoughts and feelings seriously, if I don't, who will? So, okay, odd, potent phrase pops into my head. I will take the message, and incorporate it into my being. Why not?! Today there will be the "noble me."  And if I can do one day, why not another, and another, etc. And anyway, conducting myself nobly sounds like supremely good advice. Got it!

Blog Archive