Faux Fu

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Deepest Wisdom

As 2015 approaches, I am feeling road-tested. I mean, I have been driven around the block a few times. I mean, like over and over and over again. I can look back and remember things that happened long ago and far away in another century.

Time marches on. With big muddy boots.

Sometimes it all seems sort of arbitrary, and meaningless, I mean does the universe really count by number? Is this a "by the numbers" universe? Does 2015 really mean a thing?

It is some kind of marker. Maybe it's a gauge of how much experience a person has accumulated on the planet. Some of this experience is helpful and instructive, and some of it is maybe not.

I'm in a wise guy mood this morning. And what is "wise?" If you pressed me, I'd say it's all sort of Zen/Paradoxical.  

This is the worst of times, the best of times (thanks C. Dickens), each of us is the center of a universe that has no center. We are the most important thing in the world, and the least important. All life is holy, and all life is cheap.  

I think, sometimes I really have no clue about what's really going on. And maybe that is the deepest wisdom of all...

Blog Archive